Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life continues as usual. . . chaotically. I returned to Madison from home, and, of course, our cable isn't working which also means we have no internet. So, here I am at Panera, fulfilling all of my online obligations.

My brilliant plan to share my India pictures via blog has not gone smoothly, but I refuse to give up! (Julia and Hillary- These are dedicated to you!)

The Baha'i House of Worship
It is also called the Lotus Temple (for obvious reasons), and it reminds me more than anything else of the Sydney Opera House. The inside was incredibly serene, and any who believe in a higher power are invited to worship there.







Indian Dancing
Mom and I spent an evening watching some traditional Indian dances. I can't for the life of me remember what they are all called, but we had a great time! Everything was brightly colored, graceful, and beautiful. The dancers wore bells on their wrists and ankles (first picture) and created music along with a drummer and vocalist. The third picture is of a dance that reminded me of Uncle Tom's Cabin from The King and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home